Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Why?

The question must be asked.

Why? Why do I have a facebook, a pinterest, an instragram, a blog?
These questions are what I must ask myself so very often.

Am I seeking attention or fulfillment when I blog? Or am I trying to bring more focus to Christ? 

Am I making my computer time and social media time an idol? Or am I giving Christ my all?

Am I engaging in idle chatter? Or am I building up those around me with words of wisdom?

I have countless ideas for posts. I have many photos and cutesy little words that I could share, but almost every time I'm about to post something my mind goes to the million other productive things I could be spending my time doing.

I must ask, each time I roll my chair up to the computer is my focus on vegging, or is it focused on my Lord and Savior?

When I string a few words together and add a vintage or dreamy picture am I focused on boasting in God or gaining popularity? 

Why is it so difficult to battle against idle things and time wasters?

I read a very convicting, very thought provoking and encouraging article the other day.
I really needed to hear it.

I'd encourage you to read it, too.

It's from an online magazine called Set Apart Girl. The article is called "Living For Eternity: Honoring Christ On the Internet".


Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
And revive me in Your way.
Psalm 119:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

So whether you eat, or drink or what ever you do,
do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, friend.

I appreciate the time you put into your comment and thank you for keeping your words clean and edifying.

I love to hear from y'all!

Blessings to you and Christ's love,

~Leah


John 15:8
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.